KaiTaka Comeback

A Forum For The Relationship pairing between Tyson and Kai

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Takao or Tyson

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which?
Takao Kinomiya
89%
 89% [ 17 ]
Tyson Granger
11%
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Kiotana

PostSubject: Takao or Tyson   Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:52 pm

Random thought that has been plaguing me for a while.

Do you guys prefer Takao or Tyson?
Personnaly, I like Takao better. It just rolls off the tongue better than Tyson.
Ta-ka-o
Ty-son
Fans switch it around a lot.
The last name is kinda obvious, but let's throw that out there.
Kinomiya or Granger?
Ki-no-mi-ya
Gray-nger
The Ks together win me over!

Thank-God Kai's name went untouched.

While we're on this TyKa moment, in the Japanese versions, Kai refers to Takao by his last name and I wanna know why that is so attractive? Why does it attract me so? DX
Kai: "Kinomiya...!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKali

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Generally, I'm a fan of whatever the original name was, so...yeah. LOL

As for Kai always addressing Takao by "Kinomiya," that's both cultural and a characterization device. Family names are normally used when addressing someone, unless that person is a close friend or relative. It's a form of respect. In terms of the series, it's a characterization of Kai, because while the others usually call Takao by his given name (because they're all good friends), Kai tries to hold himself apart from them (and Takao!) by almost never calling him "Takao." Of course we know better, and so does Kai, but it persists. Also, I would say that because Kai always says "Kinomiya" then it actually means more when Kai calls him "Takao."

The other thing is that it could just be a habit. Think of X-Files. Mulder and Scully pretty much perpetually call one another by their last names, and they're just as lovey-dovey as Kai and Takao - more so because we all KNOW they're as close to married as can be without the rings and vows. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yami-firekali.livejournal.com/
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm

FireKali wrote:
Generally, I'm a fan of whatever the original name was, so...yeah. LOL

As for Kai always addressing Takao by "Kinomiya," that's both cultural and a characterization device. Family names are normally used when addressing someone, unless that person is a close friend or relative. It's a form of respect. In terms of the series, it's a characterization of Kai, because while the others usually call Takao by his given name (because they're all good friends), Kai tries to hold himself apart from them (and Takao!) by almost never calling him "Takao." Of course we know better, and so does Kai, but it persists. Also, I would say that because Kai always says "Kinomiya" then it actually means more when Kai calls him "Takao."

The other thing is that it could just be a habit. Think of X-Files. Mulder and Scully pretty much perpetually call one another by their last names, and they're just as lovey-dovey as Kai and Takao - more so because we all KNOW they're as close to married as can be without the rings and vows. Like a Star @ heaven
O Yeah! Now I remember why that was so charming. Kai never likes to admit he's friends... that's what makes him calling Takao by his first name so touching. <3 I know you just said that, but I needed to tell myself os I can keep note. Might add that to a fic.
Takao is the original name based off the author Takao Aoki. XD It's rather funny how many things in Beyblade were based on other things. Heard of Beybites?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:30 am

I definetly like his japanes name better, Takao sounds more cutter!, I manly use Tyson when im writting more ansgty stuff, if i wanna write fluff, i use takao...Then again, i also use Kinomiya for angst! ^^:;;; I jutst love his name, both ways!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaitakacomback.forumotion.com
LittleBlueOwl

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:08 am

Here in Italy, when they aired BB, they used many original names, so I've always knew Takao as Takao. ;P
It was only when I started to look for fanfictions in English that I found out about Tyson.
Anyway, I like Takao better. ^_^

Quote :
Here in Italy they call him Kei. -.-"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaminogame.forumcommunity.net/
taziekins

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:34 am

Kiotana wrote:
While we're on this TyKa moment, in the Japanese versions, Kai refers to Takao by his last name and I wanna know why that is so attractive? Why does it attract me so? DX
Kai: "Kinomiya...!"

if i recall rightly, they're very conscious of social bounderies in japanese culture. unless someone is invited to call another by their first name, they tend to call them by the last name as a mark of respect, usually with some form of honorific tagged on the end.

you probably already knew this but oh well *shrug*

if i weren't so weirded out by Kai's vocie in the subbed version i'd watch it all through cos aparantly the way he and Tyson interact is more on show and less needing to read between the lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:54 am

LittleBlueOwl wrote:
Here in Italy, when they aired BB, they used many original names, so I've always knew Takao as Takao. ;P
It was only when I started to look for fanfictions in English that I found out about Tyson.
Anyway, I like Takao better. ^_^

Quote :
Here in Italy they call him Kei. -.-"

What was the point in changing 1 letter?

They did that with Rei too though changed it to Ray -_-...seriosuly whats the point T_T...its the same name ...dosent make it any easeir to say if it sounds tha same...people ¬_¬
Back to top Go down
LittleBlueOwl

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:05 am

That's what I always keep asking myself, really. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaminogame.forumcommunity.net/
Evolution_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:47 am

here in india...CN showed the english version....but still i prefer "Takao" rather than Tyson...Takao sounds a lot better and cooler...and seriously thank god...they didnt change kai's or max's name...i read a lotta fics in which he was addressed as Takao and trust me it sounds way better....even Kai calling him as Kinomiya sounds better....just imagine if sum1 calls him "Granger"..sounds weird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:19 am

Evolution_Storm wrote:
here in india...CN showed the english version....but still i prefer "Takao" rather than Tyson...Takao sounds a lot better and cooler...and seriously thank god...they didnt change kai's or max's name...i read a lotta fics in which he was addressed as Takao and trust me it sounds way better....even Kai calling him as Kinomiya sounds better....just imagine if sum1 calls him "Granger"..sounds weird

I think granger sounds werid to me cause there was a lame tv show on with that title when i was younger...and it makes me think of that XD
Back to top Go down
Evolution_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:38 am

Yuki-Kiba-Chan wrote:
Evolution_Storm wrote:

I think granger sounds werid to me cause there was a lame tv show on with that title when i was younger...and it makes me think of that XD

There was a tv show called Granger?? it must have flopped badly.....poor tv channel for airing that show
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Hahahahaa! They aired a show called Granger! Wow XD Lame. Yes, poor TV station.
The only thing funny about Takao is that it sounds like they're calling him a cow "Tah cow!"
Takao is a fav! It's so soft and gooey in a fluff. Even when fanfiction writers use Tyson, they use Kinomiya as well because Granger is kinda lame. Well from what I've read anyways... Yes, I knew about the honorifics, but thx for reminding me cuz I haven't watched the anime in japanese to think of it that way. Gotta get to them! *desperation*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdventTsarev

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:41 am

Yuki-Kiba-Chan wrote:
I definetly like his japanes name better, Takao sounds more cutter!, I manly use Tyson when im writting more ansgty stuff, if i wanna write fluff, i use takao...Then again, i also use Kinomiya for angst! ^^:;;; I jutst love his name, both ways!

most definitely =O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mione11

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Granger's last name reminds me of Hermione, so I prefer the Japanese name ^^'
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/mione11
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Mione11(Dejiko) wrote:
Granger's last name reminds me of Hermione, so I prefer the Japanese name ^^'
lol You're right XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzume-sama

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Eh, I don't really know xD I like both names! I guess it's because I'm Norwegian and love both English and Japanese with my heart, so yeah I can't choose xD I've found out that I usually write Takao in serious fics and Tyson in humor fics XD Don't know why, I just do xD Takao sounds cuter though, but Tyson is just... ENGLISH XD lol - He's a cuite to me anyways though. Like all names, though thank god I'm glad KAI is KAI <333 LOVE that name! If I ever get a boy myself I'll call him Kai xD Woho!

BUT - I'll chose Kinomiya over Granger ANY day! Granger ??? Harry Potter is the first thing that popps up in my head and Harry Potter and Beyblade doesn't exactly fit... xD *Blinks* HEY! I got a crossover-fic idea! xD lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~robbxmonxlover
Mione11

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:02 pm

RobbXmonXlover wrote:
Eh, I don't really know xD I like both names! I guess it's because I'm Norwegian and love both English and Japanese with my heart, so yeah I can't choose xD I've found out that I usually write Takao in serious fics and Tyson in humor fics XD Don't know why, I just do xD Takao sounds cuter though, but Tyson is just... ENGLISH XD lol - He's a cuite to me anyways though. Like all names, though thank god I'm glad KAI is KAI <333 LOVE that name! If I ever get a boy myself I'll call him Kai xD Woho!

BUT - I'll chose Kinomiya over Granger ANY day! Granger ??? Harry Potter is the first thing that popps up in my head and Harry Potter and Beyblade doesn't exactly fit... xD *Blinks* HEY! I got a crossover-fic idea! xD lol!

Would you believe me if I said I have read a crossover between both series? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/mione11
Suzume-sama

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Mione11(Dejiko) wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:

Would you believe me if I said I have read a crossover between both series? Shocked

Sure would xD FF.net has lots, so why not a beyblade and Harry Potter crossover? lol! I'll always like Beyblade better though ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~robbxmonxlover
TyKaLove

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 am

I also prefer the Japanese original names, so in this case Takao Kinomiya

This sounds first better and secondly it sounds a lot sexier if Kai the surnames of Takao shouts *g*

(perhaps when they love each other )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/mitglieder/steckbrief.php?id=139
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 pm

TyKaLove wrote:
I also prefer the Japanese original names, so in this case Takao Kinomiya

This sounds first better and secondly it sounds a lot sexier if Kai the surnames of Takao shouts *g*

(perhaps when they love each other )

I totally agree! Takao comes out so much more sensual! "Ohhh, Takaooo....." or the ever breathless "Kinomiya..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsubasa

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm

takao is better than tyson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillerMidget

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Takao is better hands down! no arguments from me, the only thing i like about the english name given to our lovely blader is the names meaning suiting him so much! Tyson meaning High Spirited!

its very rare that an English version has any correct references XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://killermidget.deviantart.com/
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:45 am

OMG! I can't believe i never noticed that! Harry potter and beyblade are my 2 fav things in the world (well my girlfriend too) but lol. And i never made the granger connection 0_0;; what kind of fan am i *in shock*
Back to top Go down
Mozarts_Requiem

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 am

Takao because it was the name I grew up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takao or Tyson   

Back to top Go down

Takao or Tyson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1