KaiTaka Comeback

A Forum For The Relationship pairing between Tyson and Kai

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiotana

PostSubject: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

WARNING: This is TyKa yuri! Not Yaoi! So I have changed both our favorite beybladers into girls for the sake of this fic!
Genre: Romance, humor, Alter Universe, some smut...
Rated: M
Summary: Nearing the end of high school life, Taka is searching for something to follow. In college, Kai is searching for a reason. Little do they know, these girls are inseparable.
Dedication: to Yuki-Kiba-chan and "Strawberry Panic" XD
AN: Oh God... This is difficult writing... I hope I can make this better in future updates. Suggestions and comments are very much appreciated. PLEASE! Oh and if you see typos! Tell meh!

"Destined Partners"

Taka looked at herself in the mirror that hung over her dresser. She was not pleased. Although she thought herself charming and attractive, she was not happy with her reflection. She wore a plane yellow t-shirt with a red jacket and some average grey jeans that stuck to her legs snuggly, she had her thick main of dark blue-tinted hair tied back and the rest of her bangs stuck out in odd places; she also wore no make-up and she never did, but that pimple had to go!
It was the first day back to school and even if she hated the place, she would be seeing a lot of her friends again and who could miss that red dot on her cheek? She brushed her hair over it, the thick locks refusing to stay and cover the sore. Taka growled in frustration.
What a day to be living with men.
Deciding that there was nothing she could do, she put her cap on backwards, bangs sticking up even more and left her room. Then she thought that maybe Hilary would have some make-up on her to cover the creature that lay un-pop-able on her skin.
“Good morning Taka… woah…” her brother Hiro began upon seeing the blemish.
“Don’t say it. I know,” Taka said through clenched teeth, still trying to cover it.
“Okay… I made you some waffles for breakfast… Geez Taka! Take it easy!” he protested, watching his sister devour her plate from his seat beside her. He moved his agenda away from her in case it would be sucked up with the waffles.
“I’m already going to be late,” she said after swallowing then downed her glass of milk. With that, she grabbed her lunch from the counter and was off. The great thing about the first day was that it was still pretty warm and she didn’t have to drag a backpack full of homework for a few more days.
Hiro stared at the empty plate in mild shock then went back to packing his things in his backpack. He put the plates in the sink and made a slow pace for his college. He didn’t have a class until later, but if he could dump off a few things in his locker then he wouldn’t have to drag it to class. He had enough to worry about when it came time to buy his textbooks. Archeology was a lot of reading and it was going to take some arm power to carry them.

Taka missed the bus as she rounded the corner and had to walk her way to school. It was a 20 minute walk so she’d have to hurry. As she jogged, she saw the college that her brother was attending. She figured that one day she’d be going there too since her whole family was practically all about history and ancient civilizations. It didn’t interest her that much at the moment, but what she really wanted to do with her life was still a mystery for the time being.
While she was staring at the building, her jogging led her down the road and right into a gruff looking boy. She bounced off him, but caught herself before falling over.
“Oops, sorry…” she began then noticed him holding onto a little kid with thick glasses on the top of his head. “Hey, Kenny! Let go of him!” Taka gasped, pulling her friend away. The boy in the red bandanna and scruffy clothes gave her an angry snarl then scoffed.
“You got lucky kid. I don’t hit girls.” With that, he turned away and continued down the road, looking cool in his stride with his hands in his pockets. Taka and Kenny stared as he went on his way.
“What a jerk. Are you okay Chief? What happened?” she asked in concern.
“I’m okay Taka. I think he saw my laptop and wanted to steal it. I’ll keep it hidden in my backpack next time,” he assured.
“No offense Chief, but you shouldn’t be walking alone. You’re easy to pick on,” she laughed, her little friend groaning in reply. It was the truth. “Hey, what’s with the outfit? You’re wearing red pants. That is so not your color!”
“Taka,” he groaned. “Have you forgotten? This is our uniform now!”
“Wha? New uniform? I wasn’t told!” she protested.
“We don’t have time Tyson. I missed the bus because of him and we’re going to be late. You’ll figure out the uniform rules when we get there!” he said, making a quick pace ahead.
“Oh! Right!” she said, jogging a little with him. Kenny didn’t have the cardio to run for long so it wasn’t much of a jog. When they got to school, Hilary was already waiting for them. Of course she didn’t miss the bus; she was a pure teacher’s pet and president of the student council.
“Leave it to you to forget something like that,” Hilary stated as she was told about Taka’s uniform situation. She wore a red skirt and tie with a grey vest that reached the length of her skirt with white socks and a white dress shirt. It was so feminine and Taka had the worst feeling that she was going to be stuck wearing a skirt; like all the other girls she saw in school. “I’ll get you a set later. Are you still the same size or have you gotten fat?” She mocked, walking ahead of them in leadership.
“Fat?! I haven’t gained a pound for three years!” Taka spat.
“Well you’re starting to get pimples,” she argued calmly. Taka whined and fussed with her hair, still trying to cover the spot. Kenny said nothing and Taka thought that he had been polite not to say anything the whole way.
“Don’t you have some make-up to cover these things?” She replied.
“What makes you say that? I’m naturally beautiful!” she laughed. Taka glared at her.
“Bullshit, now help me out! It’s taking over my face and it hurts!” Hilary looked at her and pondered about what to do.
“Well, no amount of make-up is going to cover that and help it go down. I can give you some cream to help the sore, but that’s it,” she said, pulling out the tube from the front pouch of her bag. She also gave Taka a mirror. “Hurry or we’ll be late.” Her dark haired friend looked at the horror in the mirror and put the cream on. It did feel better, but it looked a little redder due to the rubbing.
They had to rush to class.
Taka was scolded for not having her uniform, but Hilary stood up for her making her look like the good little girl that entitled her the teacher’s pet. Taka wasn’t about to insult her like she usually did though since she was getting out of trouble.
“I envy you Taka, this uniform reeks!” Max groaned, wearing a gray vest that looked like a waiter’s all buttoned up.
“It won’t last long buddy; I gotta get one too, but worse yet, I have to wear a skirt! I think I wanna change school…” she groaned.
“Don’t leave me here!” he protested dramatically. “Besides, you’ll look good in a skirt. Red pants are horrible!”
“You’re just saying that because you’re a guy!” Taka scoffed, leering at him.
“Nuh-un! I’m serious! You should get closer to your feminine side anyway. We’re graduating this year… presumably… so you have to find a prom dress in a few months.”
“Oh god!” Taka hacked.
“I think you’d look gorgeous in a skirt Taka,” came Ray’s charming voice. Taka turned to him with a small blush.
“Quit it!” Taka said, swatting him. He chuckled and stood by Hilary.
“Okay, okay!” he chuckled. “I don’t like the red pants as much either. We’ll see what we can do won’t we Hilary?” he smiled at her. She blushed a little.
“We will?” she looked up his golden eyes framed by black bangs. Max leered at the taller boy, frowning, but saying nothing as Ray flirted with the class president.
“Whatever you do, do it fast,” Taka sighed. She suddenly felt a thin rope go around her waist and looked down in surprise to see Hilary measuring her. Before she could protest, she was done from hip to breast. Everyone was staring as Hilary did this and made a quick note in her book.
“Okay, I’ll get your uniform to you before the end of the day Taka.” With that, she was off. Ray followed as vice-president and Max just kept scowling at him. Taka decided not to take offense on Hilary’s invasion of privacy, but to her friend’s crush.
“It can’t be helped Maxie. Ray’s in a good position with her,” Taka said, resting a hand on his shoulder. Ray was the vice president and the school’s bishounen, which gave him popularity while Hilary’s headstrong attitude and intelligence gave her high respects. “I don’t know why you like her, but Hilary is going to melt in his arms like pudding if you don’t say something.”
“Taka, can’t you tell her not to go for Ray? You’re a girl and stuff…” he whined.
“Sorry dude, she wouldn’t listen to me butting into her personnel life and I’m not gonna rat you out either.”
By the end of the day, Taka was holding onto her new uniform and getting on the school bus home. She dreaded thinking of getting it on the next morning, but she wouldn’t have much of a choice.
I’m so getting the pants.
The next day, she woke really late and almost forgot to wear the uniform. She put the skirt on that reached above her knee and long white socks, the buttoned up her white shirt. The tie was impossible to figure out so she just made a knot and threw on the long loose vest. As she grabbed lunch and went for her shoes, she realized that she was going to be wearing big red sneakers with her skirt. She may not like fashions and such, but she knew that was a ‘no-no’ on the list. She put them on anyway due to not having anything else and ran out the door without even a good morning to her brother. She saw Kenny running ahead and she caught up with him easily. Although that is when she saw that guy in the bandanna with a few others chasing after her friend. She sped up.
“HEY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!” She yelled at the top of her lungs. They looked back at the girl running right for them. They stopped and stood as if waiting for her and Taka began slowing down. She saw Kenny had stopped too, but she gave him signal to leave. The poor guy had no choice; they were outnumbered whether he stayed or not. He snuck away to find some help.
“Well, well, you showed up to save your friend again, but now you’ll have to be the one giving us your valuables. You owe us a laptop’s worth,” he chuckled, the four boys shadowing over her.
“I don’t have anything on me except my lunch so… leave me and my friend alone!” she said defiantly, making a move to the side, the gruff boy took her shoulder. She quickly shoved his hand off, but she was now being surrounded. “I thought you didn’t hit girls,” she said, leering up at her attackers.
“If you be good, we won’t hit you,” one smirked, pulling her ponytail. The boy was much bigger than the one with the bandana.
“Hey!” she gasped, grabbing her hair away from him. “Leave me alone!” she yelled.
“Quiet,” one hissed, each of them grabbing her by the arms and shoulder to pull her away from the open road. She struggled, starting to get scared.
“HELP!” she screamed and was slapped. If she wasn’t scared before, she was now. Her heart sunk as she bit back tears. She refused to show them her fear by crying. She was dropped onto the damp concrete and felt the chill of her skirt having lifted on the fall. She tried to pull it down, but one of the boys was already holding her wrists tightly. Her heart raced as she struggled, kicking him and finally getting him in a sensitive area. He fell back and she stood, managing to run in the other direction, the others chasing after her. She gasped and panted roughly, her fear making her adrenaline rush. As she rounded the corner, she saw a girl walking towards her. She looked as surprised as Taka was.
“Run for it! They’re after me!” she warned, hoping to get her out of danger too, but she didn’t budge. Instead, she looked indifferent and grabbed Taka by the arm as she ran by. She was hauled back. The girl with dark red eyes and two toned hair that reach her back stood still as the boys rounded the corner. “Are you crazy? Let’s get out of here!” Taka tugged, but could not escape. The boys halted in a pile at the sight of her. They picked themselves up and spoke to her.
“Kai! You got her,” he said as a fact. The girl known as Kai gave Taka a side glance.
“What were you doing with her?” she asked, her voice commanding. Taka blushed, suddenly realizing that she was their leader, but didn’t struggle, somehow hoping that their leader disapproved of their actions.
“Ermm… well the kid with the laptop escaped because of her and…” the thin boy informed.
“She has nothing on her.” She growled lowly.
“Yeah, uhh…”
“You struck her. Which of you idiots hit this girl?!” They all cowered as she glared at them all. They gave the guy away by their side glances. She pinned him with her eyes. “Carlos!” The one in the bandana jumped at the call of his name. “You will apologize to her immediately,” she ordered, pulling Taka in front of her. Carlos advanced in embarrassment.
“I’m… sorry for hitting you…” he said, glaring at the ground. Taka didn’t buy it of course. No one who was forced to apologize ever truly meant it, but he might have been sorry for getting Kai angry.
“Get out of my sight. I’ll deal with you later.” With that, they scrambled away. Taka sunk to the floor in relief. Kai knelt beside her and lifted her face. Kai still looked rather angry, but perhaps she always did. She pulled out a bottle of cream and began putting it on the girl’s face. Taka said nothing as she did, figuring she was red from the slap. She hissed as her pimple was touched and Kai then put a colored cream in that area.
“Err… you don’t have to… I’m fine…” Taka began, feeling flushed. Kai ran her fingers through her long dark bangs and pulled her to her feet. Taka let her fix up her outfit, dusting it off and doing her tie up properly.
“Stay by me until we get to your school,” she ordered. Taka obeyed, but could not help trying to talk to the girl.
“Thanks for stopping them and helping me out. I owe you one I guess…” she began, but got no reply. “Errr, why do you have gang of guys like that? Don’t tell me you told them to steal from people…” Still no reply. “Well I guess you must be pretty tough if you can order them around.”
“What I do is none of your business and if you must know, men don’t have the brains. Smarten up and you won’t get into trouble,” Kai told her as they arrived at her school. With that, she turned and left. Taka watched her in slight annoyance as she went into the college yard down the road. Assuming she went to that school, Taka went to class where she was late and scolded without mercy.
She could not get her out of her head while her friends looked extremely concerned due to Kenny having not been able to find help and telling them about it.
“I’m fine you guys. This girl came and got me out of trouble. She was their leader, but she put them in their place…” she said, still thinking about it. “She was wearing this cut up leather vest with a white top and black jeans, but what was weird is that she had dark red eyes and two colors of blue hair. This light grey kind of blue in the front in spikes and dark blue in the back that went all the way down her back. She didn’t say much, but man, can she put someone in their place…” she said in a most admiring way then snapped out of it. “What a bitch…” Taka decided with a grunt.
“Please try to catch the bus next time Taka,” Hilary sighed. She’d said it in concern rather than a reprimand that time. She wrapped her arms around her waist and hugged her. Taka was a little surprised, but then thought about how much they had been worried about her. Something much more serious could have happened to her. She looked at Kenny, Max and Ray and blushed a little.
“Gee, I’m sorry…” she smiled sadly. Hilary pulled away and waved it off.
“You’re okay now and I gotta say, she covered you up pretty well. I can’t see that pimple anymore.” Of course she had to say something to tease her.
“I’m really sorry Taka. I should have stayed…” Kenny said sadly.
“Hey! I said I was fine!” she said with an assuring smile and patted his shoulder.
It was on the way out to the buses that Taka looked over to the college and saw Kai waiting on the bench by the road. She was reading something and totally alone. Taka decided that she needed to talk to that girl.
“Hi again,” Taka began, standing beside her. Kai looked up at her. “I… ummm… my name is Taka,” she began. “It’s Kai right?” Kai was still scowling. She got up and starting walking away. “H-hey! Wait a minute!”
“Taka, best leave me alone. I’m no babysitter,” she warned. Taka was a little surprised by her way of speaking to her.
“I’m not a baby! And who says I need you to protect me?!” She followed her, watching in defiance.
“You’re a like a puppy, blindly following your savior into more trouble…” Kai scoffed as she entered a building in the middle of Bey City. It was a gym of some sort. Taka followed curiously even though she was insulted. Kai got changed and now wore grey slacks and a dark tank top. She got right down to work, doing an entire workout while ignoring Taka. Taka was really starting to wonder why she had approached Kai. Was she truly acting like a lost puppy? Why was she interested anyway?
Taka fingered through her bangs and suddenly remembered Kai doing that before. It made her blush. Was she attracted to her in other ways? Kai was pretty seductive when she wasn’t being mean. Taka let her head hit the wall behind her.
Oh great! Just what I needed; to be attracted to my own sex and worse yet, attracted to a total delinquent. Gramps is going to love this… well, not like I’d get that far… Oh God! No one’s even had that embarrassing sex talk with me yet! Holy shit, I don’t even wanna go there!
Taka’s head was spinning with so many new ideas that she didn’t even realize where she was going other than following Kai around town. She was getting hungry too. Kai had only stopped at the gym and had been walking around town just looking at store windows since. It was dark when she finally had enough of her following her.
“I’m heading home now,” she said and kept walking. Taka followed silently. Kai turned and shoved her against a building wall.
“Stop following me,” Kai glared darkly at her.
“Why?” Taka asked playfully, not letting the push affect her.
“I’m going home, that’s why. And I’ d appreciate it if you didn’t know where I lived. Take that road a few blocks down and you’ll be back at your school,’ she pointed. Taka wasn’t good with directions and perhaps Kai saw that in her expression because she groaned and took her hand. She tugged her down the road until they found the school again. They sat on the bench until the bus came around and Taka was shoved on. “Go home you idiot.”
The bus driver didn’t argue with the girl and drove on despite Taka’s protests.
By time she got in the door, her anger had dissipated and realized that that morning could have been repeated with much worse circumstances in the darkness had Kai not sent her home on the bus. Taka had been angry at first and upset, but then she was happy because this girl had a big heart despite being anti-social. Taka’s mind was filled with thoughts of the ruby-eyed girl as she drifted to sleep.
TBC...

Last edited by Kiotana on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 am

Whahahaha *-* ...soooo cool ...thankyou so much I AM loving this, great ideas kio!, i knew you cud do it... you wrote them perfectly, I can imagine girl takao, being totally how you portrayed him. The detailed decription had me squeeing on some parts . XD///

waffles <333 LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaitakacomback.forumotion.com
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:59 pm

HURRAY! *eats waffles*
Thanks so much Yuki! I do believe I've scared some of the fandom though...
I have more already typed, but I'm going to put more thought into it because as you see right now, they have very little in common and have no reason to bond other than personal interest XD Stawberry Panic scenes keep popping up and well... I have them playing volleyball at a beach (bikini time!) and then shopping together (hopefully more bonding than girly things)... they need work... it's just rambling, but maybe ish good rambling.... like I am now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:37 am

Kiotana wrote:
HURRAY! *eats waffles*
Thanks so much Yuki! I do believe I've scared some of the fandom though...
I have more already typed, but I'm going to put more thought into it because as you see right now, they have very little in common and have no reason to bond other than personal interest XD Stawberry Panic scenes keep popping up and well... I have them playing volleyball at a beach (bikini time!) and then shopping together (hopefully more bonding than girly things)... they need work... it's just rambling, but maybe ish good rambling.... like I am now...

Hahahaha mental image of tyson and kai in bikins playing vollyball....go draw that XDDD
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:47 am

lol I feel like illustration my chapters XD Especially since in order to figure out what I'm writing I've been doing thumbnail sketches to see if they would make good scenarios for the story. So I think that would be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:26 am

CHAPTER 2 Beach Babes
AN: I worked long time for this... As always. leave comments and citique it all you want just don't go hating the obvious gender switch.
She actually caught the bus the next morning and found that Kenny had made it too. Both of them really didn’t want a repeat with those boys, but Taka couldn’t hide her desire to see Kai again. She was sort of disappointed because Kai was good at hiding despite her unique appearance. She’s only seen her once in a back alley, but she went to the same college as Hiro so she had to be round somewhere.
She managed to get on the bus all week and would always be glancing around in search of the peculiar girl, but it would seem that she wasn’t as lucky as she’d thought. Two more weeks went by and still she couldn’t find her. She didn’t want to go nosing around the allies in case she got into more trouble and she didn’t want to get lost trying to find her in a college with thousands of students. She asked her brother, but shrugged and went back to reading his textbook.
Taka groaned as she sat at the lunch table with her lunchbox.
“Will you give over Taka! You’re acting like a lost puppy!” Hilary mocked, laughing and then sipping her juice box. Taka now was starting to regret telling her friends about Kai, but she was seriously hooked. It was frustrating.
“I’m not!” Taka protested. “I’m just…. interested…” she said, picking a good choice of words.
“That’s what I call a crush Taka,” Max teased, sitting at the table with them.
“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes. “I just want to see her again. I think that if we got to know each other, we’d get along really well.”
“You admire her and that’s fine, but she’s in college. It’s usually a hard time to mingle…” Max reasoned. “Isn’t Hiro always on the go?”
“Yeah…” Taka sighed.
“Come on Taka, let’s get her off your mind for a while and go to the beach before the summer ends,” Hilary suggested excitedly.
“I guess…” Taka hesitated. She didn’t want to give up. She ate her lunch quietly as her friends started running through their beach day plans.
“And we can go swimsuit shopping!” she added, trying to make it more appealing to her friend that didn’t seem motivated.
“No offense, but I’m broke and the swimsuit I got last year has barely been worn.”
“Oh… well…” she searched for something better to cheer her up with. “Wait a minute! You haven’t worn your swimsuit all summer?”
“Nope…”
“Well then… more reason to come…” they sweat dropped.
“It’s okay. I think you guys are right. I need to get my mind off things! Especially school!” Taka agreed, getting up from the table and dumping her lunch trash.
“Three weeks of school and we’re already back on the beach?” Ray chuckled as he finally made it to the lunch table. “I could go for that.” And so they all agreed that their weekend would be spent at the beach.
“Wow, I got more boob!” Taka exclaimed joyfully as she bounced across the beach. Hilary groaned, hoping no one else heard that. Of course it caught the boy’s frequency. Although it was true that Taka had gotten a little more to fill her top, it didn’t mean she had to show it off. Hilary was continuing to show little breast at all. At times she liked to think of it as the dumber you are, the bigger, but she knew that it was false hope.
“I’m glad something’s distracted her,” Max laughed, holding the colorful beach ball and ready to play. He wore green trunks with a Hawaiian pattern while Hilary wore a cute white bikini. Hilary looked at him as he looked at her and both turned away instantly with a little blush. Taka laughed to herself upon seeing each other’s glances.
Those two are made for one another, but I’ll let them figure it out. Why spoil the fun? They’re adorable!
Taka set down their things in a cleared spot and looked over at Ray putting some sun lotion on from under his large parasol. He caught her eyes and smirked, but before he could say a word, Taka glared.
“No.” She knew he’d ask to put some on her and while it would make others envious, it didn’t appeal to her to encourage him to continue putting moves on her. He brushed it off as nothing and got up towards the others.
“Alright Maxie!” Ray called. “Pass it here and let’s get the game on!” Max ran in his direction and tossed the ball. There were quite a few people at the beach so late in the season, but they had enough room to play. Everyone got into the game and a few people from their school joined in too. Taka was completely immersed in the game and far away from Kai-land, but that wouldn’t last as long as her friend’s had hoped.
It was in the after-noon when they were having some lunch that they heard a commotion.
“You can’t turn me down like that! I haven’t even…” a hoarse man said loudly. Taka turned in time to see Kai flip the large man over her shoulder with great strength and a fierce look on her face. She glared down at the man on his back.
“I said get lost.” Taka had to admit that she looked pretty cool standing tall with her hands on her hips and casting an ominous shadow over him. The man was insistent though despite his shock of being tossed by a girl. He struggled to get to his feet, not willing to let her win like that.
“You just assaulted me! Crazy girl!” he said, making an even bigger scene. Taka was on her feet before she could rethink it. It didn’t matter if Kai could beat him and Taka was thrilled to see her again, but she wasn’t going to let the man touch or insult her.
“Hey! Back off!” she said as she stepped in front of Kai and scowling at the chubby 30 year old trying to get his way with a young lady.
“What…” the man hesitated. “What is the meaning of this Kai? She a friend of yours?” Taka stiffened at the word, but decided that whatever this man had to say was trash. She did have hopes of being her friend and she’d never let a friend get hurt. Kai laid a hand on her shoulder before anything else happened to her silly protector.
“She’s my lover,” Kai began, deciding to show the man that she really wasn’t interested, but making Taka’s heart skip a beat. “I wouldn’t mess with her either.” Kai was amusing herself with this of course, her smirk imminent.
The man looked speechlessly shocked, but so did Taka. Kai put an arm around her bare waist and pulled her back, deciding that this scene needed to be played up a little more. “Forgive me Taka; I didn’t mean to publicly reveal us…” Kai cooed in her neck. Taka flushed at the mild intimacy being played out. It was then that she swallowed enough of her own embarrassment and shock to be able to play along with whatever Kai was up to.
“It’s fine, let’s leave before I kill him…” she groaned, hoping she sounded convincing. Kai smiled and pecked her cheek before tugging her away by the waist, then slipping to holding her hand. Taka was in another world at the moment; sort of a daze. The man looked appalled, but didn’t say another word as Taka was drawn away with the other girl down the beach. She didn’t know how long she was like that. But she was content with her presence and the warmth of her touch.
“Taka!” her friends called after they were far enough. The two girls looked back and Kai released her hold. “Where are you going?”
“Ermm… where were we going Kai?” she questioned.
“Dope, we weren’t going anywhere. I just needed you to get rid of tubby over there.”
“What does a guy that old want with you anyway?” The others questioned while Taka stood speechless.
“My grandfather is obsessed with finding me some rich guy to marry,” she sighed in annoyance. “I think I might have gotten myself into bigger trouble though…”
“You tossed a suitor?” Taka gasped, worried now.
“Not only that, but for the fact that I told him I had a lover and a girl no less... my grandfather is going to have a cow and pass before he can find me anyone…” Kai thought it over and smirked. “Then again, it could be the best thing…”
“What?!” the others gasped, not understanding the joke. Kai glared at them, as if suddenly she realized that she knew none of these people and they had no right to hear all this. She was about to turn away, but Taka grabbed her wrist.
“Hey, you wanna join us?” she offered, praying she would and completely changing the awkward subject that she desperately wanted to escape from. Kai looked ready to reject her. “You owe me one!”
“I owe you nothing. I could have handled it.”
“Yeah right, he would have been bugging you all day!” Taka argued. She was obviously just guessing. She scowled in return.
“Why would you want me around anyway?”
“I… errr…” Taka couldn’t find the answer without it looking awkward after that scenario.
“She likes you of course!” Max chuckled. “Join us!” Good thing Max made it sound so casual. She seemed to loosen up at that.
“Whatever, I have the day to myself…” Taka smiled beautifully at that. It was Kai who got a little flustered then. She brushed her long dark hair behind her ear. “You look like you’re asking for the same trouble as last time,” she added to cover up her embarrassment. Taka was confused. “Your bathing suit…”
“My…” Taka looked at herself and saw that her boobs were just about popping out of the material from their movements. The red and blue bikini was sort of small on her now that she got over thinking about them having grown. “Oh…” she blushed and pulled the fabric up a bit, trying to conceal herself behind her arms.
“You’re no better…” Hilary poked in, half defending her friend. Kai glared at her, then smirked.
“Sorry if I have enough to show off. We can’t all be flat as a board.” Hilary exploded at that.
“SAY THAT AGAIN!” She roared, Max holding her back. While Hilary had a petit form, Kai was heavily curved with a large bust, small waist and wide hips. Taka stood between them, her form curvy, but more in her bubble butt than her two girl friends.
“Okay, let’s not fight for nothing…” Taka tried to sooth even as she admired Kai’s beauty in her purple and red trim bikini from the corner of her eye.
“What do you mean nothing?!” She hissed, thrashing to get to Kai.
“Come on Hil, she’s just messing with you,” the blond assured, calming her to some extent. Ray moved beside the new girl.
“I’m sure she’s sweet once you get…” Ray was cut short, moving his hand away as she eyed him dangerously.
“Touch me and I’ll kick you in the balls.” She hissed. She was in a bad mood. “Pretty boys like you don’t interest me kid. Don’t waste my time.” Kai scoffed and turned away, heading back towards the parking lot with her towel and handbag over her shoulder. Kai could see where this was going and she was so sick of boys trying to sway her. If she didn’t leave, she was going to flip another one.
Taka watched her go sadly, missing the flush that had taken over Ray’s face. He was pretty embarrassed by her remark and while they didn’t pay much attention to her departure, Taka couldn’t help wishing she’d stay.
“What a bitch…” Hilary scowled, glaring in her direction. Taka couldn’t argue; her attitude lacked some social practice.
“She called me a kid,” Ray huffed. “How old is she?” Taka didn’t know that answer, but could only assume that she was about 20 since she and her friends were all around 16. She wondered, but didn’t find it very important.
“Why do you like her? Didn’t you say she’s some gang leader that defended you?” Max questioned, curious of his friend’s poor judge of character.
“Yeah, so?” Taka replied, itching to run after the girl.
“Let’s not bother her okay guys?” Kenny spoke up, seeing how Taka was gazing longingly.
“She’s not going to pick on you Chief,” Taka promised, going after the girl and giving in to her wishes. “Kai!”
“Taka!” Hilary called after her. “Man…” she sighed, crossing her arms and pouting.
“Hey Hil! What’s up?” a pink haired girl asked, approaching the group with three boys behind her. Hilary immediately changed attitude.
“Hey Mariah!” she gasped. “What are you doing here?” She was thrilled of course.
“Visiting. Ray invited us,” she shrugged, sort of annoyed that her childhood friend had not informed anyone of their arrival from China.
“Surprise?” Ray gave a sheepish smile, asking forgiveness, but it was granted easily with a soft and loving look from the girl. Lee groaned at the lovebirds and twirled the volleyball he had in his hand suggestively.
“Let’s get to the games already!” he smirked, a thick fang glinting on the sun. The boys looked enthusiastic… well except for Kenny who looked pale.
“Sounds awesome!” Max cheered.
“What’s awesome?” Taka asked, returning with Kai in tow. She saw the ball in Lee’s hand and smiled broadly. “Volleyball! I’m in!”
“I thought you would Taka,” Mariah chuckled. “Who’s your friend?”
“This is Kai. She’ll play too!” she replied, not noticing Kai wrinkle her nose.
“Okay, we’ll play four against four with subs for you in case Hilary and Kenny wanna play,” Mariah reasoned, seeing the two look appreciative.
“Taka, I don’t do well in team sports,” Kai informed her in a low tone, feeling out of place with a group of people she barely knew.
“It’s just for fun, Kai,” she assured, everyone getting on the court. Well not before Taka put her T-shirt on looking sheepish.
When they got going, Taka understood what Kai had meant; the older girl could smash and score, but when it came to passing, it was a failed attempt. Kai had great strength and speed for sports as far as Taka could observe, so when Taka called for a pass, she got it right in the face. Hard.
“Time out!” Max yelled, running over to the girl. “Taka! You okay?” Said girl groaned, holding back tears from the pain mostly around her left jaw and cheek. She squinted up at her friends hovering around her. Hilary was already there, helping her sit up and focus on where Kai was. Taka spotted her just behind Ray looking a little guilty. Taka’s anger dissipated easily at that, but her friends were more defensive.
“Geez Kai, you have to pummel her with the ball?” Hilary scolded. Kai schooled her face to show disinterest. She scoffed and turned away, folding her arms over her chest.
“Guys, I’m fine. She didn’t mean it.”
“Bullshit!” Lee scoffed, their team viewing the girl as a fowl player with ease. “She spiked it right at you!”
“It was an accident!” Taka protested, getting up.
“But Taka…” Max began.
“I’m fine now let’s have a team discussion.” They looked at each other unsure, but followed her under their parasol. Kai sat on the outer most of the group as Taka put a cool water bottle on her face and tossing them each a bottle. Taka saw Ray glaring angrily at Kai and Max struggling to keep his eyes elsewhere.
“Knock it off! All of you!” she snapped, getting their attention. She knew if she let things go like this there’d be hell. Ray would pick on Kai in some way, likely get hurt and Max would have to intervene and would also get into the argument. Taka had to prevent it. “Forget what just happened and let’s make a new strategy,” she began, sipping her water, but then realized something. “No, actually I want you to think of it. Kai has strength and speed on her side, but not really cooperation with a team… or any skill at passing…” she drifted off, rubbing her cheek with the bottle again. “As for you guys, well you have your speed Ray, and Max, you have a good receiving defense, but none of us are helping by letting Kai try to smash what she should pop.”
“Oh no! I’m not calling her on those! She’ll knock my head off!” Ray hissed.
“Are you implying that you couldn’t handle my hit?” Kai sneered.
“It’s supposed to be a pop and call Kai, not a hit...” Max huffed.
“You have to call one of us too Kai, it’s not just us,” Taka cut in. “You have to judge when you can’t knock it over and call one of us that can take it and pop it so we can score,” Taka said with her hands on her hips. Kai looked surprised by the orders she was being given, but stepped up towards her and smirked. Taka was uncertain of how safe that was.
“Well then, you and I will be scoring, correct?” she asked, staying by her side. “You have some strength too. You’ll be by me while these two take the passing and stuff.”
“Well, that’s about it…” Taka sweat dropped, feeling uncomfortable so close to her.
“Don’t worry. I’ll do that popping and calling,” she assured, stretching her arms over her head and cracking her back. Max and Ray still didn’t look very pleased as Lee and Mariah called them back to the court.
When they started the game again, things were going smoother. Kai was popping and calling, but the problem was that she only called on Taka. She refused to call Max or Ray on any shot which left them pretty bored and their opponents easily at an advantage of wearing the two girls out. Kai eventually smashed it pretty hard since she was getting tired. The ball went into the water. While she was keeping good score with them, Mariah saw that Kai couldn’t allow things to get by her and that meant if they kept the ball at the right angle of back and forth within Kai’s space then she’d have to keep moving and tiring herself to get them.
“I’ll get it!” Max volunteered, having not done much for the last five minutes. Kai panted, sweat forming on her brow.
“Kai, you could pass it to the others too ya know!” Taka groaned, also fatigued since she had been the one receiving her pops. “I can’t keep getting the second hit when I need to score. Max and Ray are not the point scorers and they should get the second hit so ‘we’ can score!” Kai scowled and snuffed her, not willing to admit a thing. Taka groaned and stomped over to Ray and Max who now joined the huddle excluding a stubborn dual-haired girl.
“New plan guys…” Taka began.
“We’re kicking her off the team?” Ray hoped.
“No, you’re going to call her!” Taka hissed. Ray looked appalled; images of a rapid volleyball rocketing into his face in his mind.
“Taka! She obviously doesn’t want to cooperate…” Max sighed, having about enough of the pitiful game.
“Hey! She’s used to leading others and she doesn’t know a thing about you guys. She may be tough, but you gotta give her a chance if you want a chance from her!” She told them. Ray and Max looked a little shocked by her sudden wisdom of thought.
“I guess that’s true…” Max admitted while Ray still seemed a bit stiff.
Kai was still watching their backs as they discussed whatever it was. She knew they were talking about her and started thinking that she’d better leave before they told her to. She tried to think of some excuse that would be a reason for her leaving other than the obvious, but figured that she didn’t really have to answer any questions anyway.
“Kai!” Taka grasped her hand as she went to turn away. “Come on! Let’s go one more round!” She didn’t pull, but held her hand softly and Kai felt her heart leap. The gentle hand in hers made her chest flutter with warmth. Taka motioned to return to her spot and Kai pulled her hand back as they got to the court. “I’ll get you an ice cream if we win,” Taka winked and took her place. Kai blushed and scoffed as she took her position.
Max served and the game began again. Kai didn’t understand what it was that they had been whispering about, but she was on her guard, not trusting them for a second. Her assumptions were of them trying to humiliate her in same way. It never surprised her that she was so anti-social when she thought these things. Then suddenly, when a ball was about to be smashed right at her, Max called her. She popped it straight up and moved in time to let Max hit it to Taka who then scored the point. They cheered and high-fived which made Kai feel a little less negative about the situation.
Why am I here if I don’t feel comfortable?
She looked at Taka as she was given another ball to smash over.
She’s good. Real good. Really cute too…
Kai stopped her train of thought, becoming solemn again.
I can’t think those things. It’s forbidden. I cannot have those things. I can’t allow them to myself.
She smiled though as they kept their energy up.
Well, at least for now, I can enjoy it.
Ray passed it to Kai too and finally Kai seemed okay with the group. Taka could see that she wasn’t so frigid with them as before.
It had been an hour of volleyball and Hilary called the game. Lee and Mariah being very competitive didn’t want to end it when they were losing miserably. Gary and Kevin were thrilled to take a long break under the sun though.
Taka glanced at the others seemed to be able to keep Kai in their conversation as they sat under their parasols. Kai had looked more confident than earlier when she finished the game. Now she lay comfortably listening to their chatter. Taka settled beside her, somehow enjoying the company of someone with so little to say.
Kai was very proud of her own improvement and quite happy to have company for once. She was also fond of Taka for putting up with her and very charmed, especially when she offered the strawberry ice cream cone to her. She took it gratefully and gave Taka a soft smile. She had coincidentally picked her favorite flavor.
Taka smiled back, miffed by how much the girl affected her. Her heart was pounding hard in her chest from a smile and she wanted more. More of what exactly, she didn’t know. All she knew is that she felt perfectly content eating ice cream with her.
TBC
Proud notes: I'm proud of my flirtatious Ray. Very Happy I think I nailed him pretty well.
COMMENTS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:27 am

Yay!!!! keep going!!! <33 tehee, taka was so cute when she was teased XDDD Goo fem kai!!! toss that guy over you're shoulder...haha, the evil look i imagined had me spazzing for a while...ahhh'she's my lover'' I totally had a gravitation scene running through my head XDDDDDDDDDDD AHHH the bit where kai is holding taka...so dreamy!!! -must draw- >D i really love this update!!! thanks kio, you're so awsoume, it was all so perfect!!! <33333
!!
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:36 am

AHAHAH! Thx Yuki ^-^ I thought of Gravitation too when I read over what I'd done. lol The beach idea was inspired by other anime's too since it's a great way to show off their bods. I'd also love to pull that stunt in real life. Some guy flirting with a friend who isn't interested and I'll pop up and bitch at him for flirting with 'my lover'. lol Yeah, I dream of that day XD
I'm on vacation right now so I guess I could get back into writing this. I take breaks between submitting and your feedback XD But really, I look over my writing and edit like 20 times. XD And I got plenty of doodles of ideas to come.
I don't want to give anything away, but I hope they continue to stay in character as the story developes. It's about how they become inseperable, after-all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:25 am

Kiotana wrote:
AHAHAH! Thx Yuki ^-^ I thought of Gravitation too when I read over what I'd done. lol The beach idea was inspired by other anime's too since it's a great way to show off their bods. I'd also love to pull that stunt in real life. Some guy flirting with a friend who isn't interested and I'll pop up and bitch at him for flirting with 'my lover'. lol Yeah, I dream of that day XD
I'm on vacation right now so I guess I could get back into writing this. I take breaks between submitting and your feedback XD But really, I look over my writing and edit like 20 times. XD And I got plenty of doodles of ideas to come.
I don't want to give anything away, but I hope they continue to stay in character as the story developes. It's about how they become inseperable, after-all.

You're totally welcome, I am loving this...!!!!!! Gravitation inspires the mind >D The idea was in the back of you're head all along, waiting to be yuri-fied
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 am

Yuki-Kiba-Chan wrote:
Kiotana wrote:

You're totally welcome, I am loving this...!!!!!! Gravitation inspires the mind >D The idea was in the back of you're head all along, waiting to be yuri-fied
Hahaha, I feel a tingling in the back of my head now XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:37 am

update *pokes* >D
Back to top Go down
Glay

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:39 pm

I will cry if you never update this again............................. *________________________________________________________________*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Chapter 3

"Let me in!"

AN : OK long overdue update, but lots going on and a lot to think of. I had no idea what I was doing for this and no idea how I was gonna keep these two together without the sport of Beyblade keeping them passionate and such, when I thought, hey, they did it right in the show so just use similar situations right? In any case, this is a 48hour work. I’ve had the story ideas for quite a long time now, but they just got lame over time. So I threw most of those ideas out the window and went with whatever came to me. The only things I adjusted when reading over was if something was not making sense or we went way OOC. I despise that! But I guess I’m allowed in a way too since they’re girls now… I listened Spice Girls the entire Chapter XD Yuki and Glay, thanks for the reminder and lovely comments and support!

Things went well that day on the beach. They enjoyed the last of the summer sun playing in the water and making sand castles. Well, Kai wouldn’t go in the water so Taka stayed behind to keep her company on that one, but other than that, Kai seemed to fit right in. Taka noticed her passion for competition. She loved that too of course; Taka couldn’t resist a good challenge.
They stayed the whole day there, grabbing hotdogs for supper instead of going home despite their lack of money. Kai refused to pitch in for anyone so Taka was aided by Ray who had a part time job as a waiter in a Chinese restaurant to begin with.
“When do you intend on getting a job Taka?” Hilary asked, sort of scolding her friend. “You know you can’t just rely on a loan for college, especially with your grades.”
“Lay off Hil,” Taka groaned as she swallowed her first hotdog. “I don’t even know what I wanna do in college.”
“Doesn’t mean you should slack off…” she grumbled making Taka scowl at her and stubbornly eat her other hotdog in two bites.
“Have you ever worked?” Kai questioned, taking a bite of her own hotdog, staring off at the water. Taka had to ponder on that one.
“I’ve babysitted before…”
“You?” Max chuckled.
“Yes!” she huffed indignantly. “I wouldn’t do it for a living. I mean, they can be brats and then I don’t know what to do…” she pouted.
“You just need practice Taka,” Ray smiled.
“No way, I can’t be bothered…”
“I’ve seen you with kids Taka and they seem to like you quite a bit…” Max said thoughtfully.
“Yeah, but that’s because we’re playing games. If they’re not occupied by something, they just get on my nerves. It’s like the only things they have to get my attention.”
“I’d say you understand them pretty well…” Kai said softly.
“Yeah… I guess you’re right. Guess I’m just too lazy to try,” she laughed.
“Modesty will get you nowhere Taka,” Hilary poked.
“Just because I’m the only one here that doesn’t have a job doesn’t mean I won’t get anywhere in life!”
“You won’t get far.”
“Thanks Kai,” Taka groaned. “So what do you do?” she asked, perking up. Kai glanced at her and looked away again without an answer. “Hey! Do you work?” Again, Kai said nothing.
“Hang on; didn’t you say your grandfather wanted to get you married earlier?” Hilary reminded.
“So you loaded or what?” Max giggled jokingly.
“Don’t ever assume that he gives me anything. I may live with him for my schooling, but even my parents never gave me a crumb. I work for what I do,” she said, not quite speaking to them. Taka tried to get more out of her, but was ignored. The workless girl’s friends pestered her until dusk about jobs and study subjects that might interest her, but Taka just wasn’t interested. She just couldn’t see herself doing anything professional.

“Hey Kai, you going home?” Max asked, having noticed the girl packing her things.
“Wha- don’t leave!” Taka jumped, suddenly remembering how hard it was find this girl.
“I have to go to work,” she huffed, tossing the towel over her shoulder after shaking off the sand.
“You work at night?” Taka gasped. She took hold of the girl’s wrist as she turned to leave. “Uh! Hold on! Erm… when can we meet up again?” Kai stared in her eyes, then flickered them to the staring group.
“It’s been nice, but I have to go.”
“No, wait!” Taka held on as she tried to pull away. Kai turned cold eyes on her now, and whipped her hand away, knocking Taka to her knees. She walked away.
Stupid. She was trying to be nice about it too.
Taka was quite upset and so couldn’t bring herself to go after her. It was Max who put a comforting hand on her hunched shoulder as she stared at the sand. She took a calming breather and came back to the group. They wisely changed the subject back to job experiences, but not bother Taka about the lack of her own. She cheered up a little before they parted ways to go home. It was getting late.
“Don’t worry Taka, I’m sure you’ll see her again soon,” Kenny assured, the only one left by her as they headed home together. Taka smiled at her little friend.
“Thanks Chief, it just sucks that she doesn’t like me…” Taka groaned, still offended that Kai had not even given her any hints as to where they could meet up. The chances of seeing her at the beach again were slim, same as if she looked in the college. Both places were huge.
“Well…” Kenny chuckled. “I wouldn’t think that.” Taka looked shocked at the brunette.
“Why do you say that? How would you know?!” she gasped.
“She stayed didn’t she?”
“Well, I guess there is that…”
“You’ll see her again soon.” With that, he put a book in Taka’s hand and turned into his home. The girl looked down into her palm at the small but thick bound book and flipped through it curiously. Thin figures were on each page with various outfits on each of them; high class women of the sorts. Then Taka realized that it was sketches of models for fashioning clothes. Wondering why Kenny would have such a thing, she found the first page and seeing the name of the owner, she felt a little hope flutter in her chest.
I can’t even imagine Chief stealing anything. Kai must have dropped it in a rush.

Taka walked the rest of the way home, pondering her day at the beach and ended up reflecting on jobs. She even considered babysitting again, but she wasn’t too sure about strangers yet. Her neighbors were bound to be thrilled of this, but babysitting wouldn’t get her into college; or for whatever she wanted to do. She’d have to find something else.
She made a mental list of places to try giving in her references to starting that week, but her thoughts were cut short as a bunch of loud bikes zoomed by her. The loud rumbling of the motor and the wind it picked up scared her half to death, but as if to make her more anxious, one made a 180 right back to her. She backed away in a defensive stance by the high walls of the road as the bike stopped a few feet away.
“Where do you live?” the rider asked, muffled by the helmet. Taka instinctively refused to speak, then recognized the voice. It was Kai!
“Kai?! Geez! You freaked me out!” she gasped, yelling over the motor. Kai said nothing, still waiting for an answer. “Errr.. I live just around the block,” she pointed at the end of the road where she could see the large tree in her yard.
“Get on,” she commanded, moving herself up a bit to give room.
“It’s okay, I can walk.” Taka had never ridden on a motorcycle before and common sense said not to get on a motorcycle in the middle of the night with a girl whom she knew very little about.
“I SAID GET ON!” she yelled. Taka stiffened and wasn’t sure if she was more afraid of Kai or the bike. She didn’t get to choose, Kai pulled her forward and putting her leg over was the only thing she could do without hitting the hot metal of the roaring vehicle. Taka hung on for dear life as Kai sped off down the road. The ride barely lasted a minute before she was in front of her home, but she was still quite shaken and still clung to the older girl. The wind had whipped her bare skin and the speed had her adrenaline going. When Kai actually turned off the vehicle to help her dismount, her legs were like mush under her. Before Taka could say a word, Kai was on the two wheeled monster again and sped off. Taka watched her go, coughing at the smoke left behind and went inside once she was out of sight. She could barely sleep, her mind reeling with so many new things. Good thing she didn’t have school the next day.

A peaceful Sunday began at noon for Taka who finally got to sleep much later in the night. Hiro had woken her up and gotten her to eat. That didn’t take much effort of course, but the topic of conversation was making her go back to sleep.
“Taka, are you listening? You should at least see what the school can offer you and see if you’re interested.” Hiro was ranting again. “What of your homework? Have you been keeping up?” Taka just answered with the usual “Mhm… yeah… uhun…” which translated to “whatever”. “Taka! You have to take this seriously!” he yelled. Your grades are below average and they have been for too long! You realize your credit reports aren’t good enough for most continuing educations! If you don’t pass this year with flying colors, you’ll be left looking for a shit hole job for the rest of your life!”
It was then that Taka finally snapped under the pressure. Her fist met the table hard.
“Fuck off Hiro! I don’t want to go to school! I don’t want any of this! I’d rather work at McDonalds the rest of my life than have to worry about classes! I don’t care about anything so complicated that I need to spend my life on! I want to live!” With that she left him at the table. She grabbed her hoodie by the door and slipped on her running shoes barefoot before walking out the door.
I don’t know anymore. I just want to be rid of this pressure. I bet he’s disappointed now. Well, he must be even more than he was anyway.
She definitely didn’t want to go to his school for the open house, but she seemed to be walking in the direction anyways.
When did it become a norm to have a path clearly leading you forward? How can everyone be so ahead of me? Are they ahead or is it just because I’m not on a path. What is it that’s changing us into adults? Why does it make me feel so alone?
She shoved her hands in her hoodie as she squeezed her tears back in. Her hand hit something. She pulled out Kai’s book.
Oh shit! I still have it! I should have given it to her yesterday!
As soon as she’d thought it, she changed her mind.
Then again, I can actually look at it now…
Taka slid down the hill under the bridge and sat in the shade. Settled down, she turned over the brown leather cover and found the beautiful writing of her name and her entitlement of the work.
“Hiwatari, Kai”
“Sketches”
She turned the page and the first thing she saw was an array of body parts and tiny writing that noted details of the images. Taka couldn’t read them it was so small. Decidedly, she paid more attention to the images as she continued on through. The pages were filled with whole bodies and areas that were decorated with accessories and clothing. She got to a page entitled “London Summer Runway 2008” and saw a lot of whole body sketches. Kai had taken the few things she’d liked to a bigger detail in later pages. Taka couldn’t keep her eyes off the pages. It was so diverse and interesting to see drawings like this. Taka had never really seen a runway show, but fashion magazines had never interested her either. This was different somehow; perhaps because it was personnel.
Wow, she’s amazing. She has so much stuff in here! I hope she doesn’t need it right now. I’d feel real bad then.
About three quarters of the way, she found much more recent entries. She had a lot of casual styles here and suddenly she spotted her school uniform. Taka fixed that one with vigor. She could have just been thinking it, but it did look like her.
Could it? Wait, it is me! She scribbled my name in here! And… totally dissing me…
Taka heaved a big sigh upon reading what she could of the small notes. The detailed views had no real good things to say about her way of dressing for school even if it was a school uniform. She went on, deciding not to take offense since it usually didn’t matter to her how she dressed anyway. There were some new glamorous things and another runway and then there were a lot of swimsuits. She recognized Hilary’s white bikini. The beads gave that away and then, a rather well rendered version of herself. Taka blinked furiously, staring in shock of the way her body looked so perfect in the shadows the sun gave off. She wasn’t looking at her and that helped with the wonder that she’d never noticed the girl drawing her. She turned the page and saw blank.
Of course she wouldn’t have another entry; I have it now…
Taka pocketed the book again and decided that she would go to the open house after-all. She had to give her future a chance at something more. If Kai could be so passionate about fashion and designing, then she could too.
Kai’s so strange. She wears the weirdest stuff and if you looked at this book first, you wouldn’t have guessed it belonged to her. I wonder if she even wears anything like this. And what about riding that bike last night? Man that was weird. Why would she just up and ride me home like that? I thought she was supposed to be at work. She so lied! Argh!

The school had a lot to offer, but she noticed that there wasn’t much in designing or fashion. It made her question if Kai went to this school at all and just went to visit someone. She ended up leaving there with a bunch of pamphlets to toss in the trash on the way home. The school had nothing but literary based studies and economics.
“What a waste of time…” she groaned aloud.
“Not finding any good things to study?” a voice chuckled. She turned to see a red head boy with green eyes wearing all over white. He was playing with tiny birds pecking at the grains on the ground and in his hand.
“Nah…” she sighed, deciding it was okay to start a conversation with him. “I don’t know what I want to do. I don’t want to disappoint my family like I am now by not attending even if I suck at it later. I was hoping to motivate myself by finding something interesting.”
“I can do anything I want in life and I’m not very happy about it,” he assured sadly.
“What do you mean by that?”
“Oh, I’m a prodigy as they say. I can do anything. It bugs a lot of people so I won’t blame you if you don’t stay long.” Takao stared in surprise and burst out laughing.
“Well then you’d be a great teacher knowing everything.”
“I didn’t say I knew everything.”
“Hun?”
“I said I was good at everything. Once something is taught to me, I can retain it,” he assured. “What’s your name?”
“Taka,” She smiled charmingly.
“Taka, meaning honorable…” He smiled back. “My name is Brooklyn.”
“Brooklyn hun? And what does that mean?”
“A stream,” he shrugged. Taka tested a few names on him curiously.
“And what does Max mean?” He chuckled.
“Maximillion, meaning greatest.”
That was obvious Taka, real smooth.
“Okay, how about Ray?”
“To the Japanese, it means polite or well behaved.”
“Haha, can’t argue there,” she then thought of Kai for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. “Kai…”
“In the male context?”
“No, a girl…”
“Forgiveness…” Takao stared at him in mild shock.
“Forgiveness? Kai means forgiveness?”
“I wouldn’t worry about names Taka. A name is meaningless to whom a person truly is. As human beings, we just try to make connections to things even if they aren’t there.” He rose from his spot. “I gotta head back home. I’ll see you another time Taka,” he waved and walked off.
Brooklyn, am I making connections to what isn’t there? What can I believe in if I can’t see the truth? What is it that’s truly meaningless?

Taka headed back for home more confused than ever. The day just gave her one massive head-ache. She held her head as she turned around the corner to home.
Her wrist was grabbed which caused her to look up in alarm at a pair of red tinted eyes.
“Kai!” She didn’t respond, but let her go. “Kai, what are you-.” A little meow interrupted them. They looked at their feet to see a little black and white kitten rubbing up against their legs. Kai squatted down and pet it. It hopped onto her knee and leaned on her breast to rub cheek to cheek. She scratched its head as it did and listened to it purr.
Kawaii…
Taka leaned down to pet it too. Kai’s eyes were closed and a small smile graced her lips. Taka didn’t know someone could glow like that.
Kai rose with the kitten in her arms and kissed its head.
That is one lucky cat…
Taka caught her thoughts.
I mean, lucky Kai’s not a cat kicker.
“So, what brings you here Kai?” Taka asked. “Not that I mind or anything; I’m happy to see you anytime!” She said nothing, but stared neutrally at her. “Okay…”
“I was just looking for her,” she motioned to the kitten who continued to purr as Kai scratched.
And she led you to my house.
“Unhun...” was Taka’s disbelieving response.
Hey wait a minute!
“What happened yesterday? You ran off for ‘work’ and ended up driving me home on a motorcycle. What’s up with that?!”
“None of your business.”
How’d I know you’d say that? If that’s how you want to play it then I’ll pull out everything I’ve got.
“For someone who acts all badass on motorcycles and leading a gang, you sure surprise me.” Kai’s brow furrowed. “Grandfather wanting to get you married, kittens, fashion designing…” Kai stopped scratching the feline, suddenly very attentive of Taka. Red orbs scanned the girl’s face in rather menacing way before she approached her head on. Their foreheads knocked until Taka’s head was right against the wall. Kai chuckled, a vile smirk crossing her face as she pulled away. Taka was practically holding herself up with her heels. The kitten was placed in her empty hands and it got her attention away from her face. She flushed as the cat looked up at her innocently. Kai stepped to the side and was rather smug about the 45 degree angle Taka was in. She saw the heavy book weighing down the fabric of her hoodie and plucked it out of her pocket.
“Hey!” Taka protested and toppled over. The cat hopped away just in time to avoid being crushed by her.
“Whatever you may think of me, it will never matter,” she huffed, walking away. Taka got to her feet and grabbed on to the flowing scarf she wore.
“Wait. I didn’t… I didn’t mean to insult you or anything. I-I think your work is amazing…” Kai turned to her, pulling her scarf from her clutch and continued to walk, the cat running ahead. “Kai, stop damn it!”
“What could you possibly want?” She pushed her and yet clutched her shirt in a fist against her chest. Taka couldn’t seem to come up with the answer either except perhaps the feeling of admiration and curiosity. Whatever she was trying to say, it would seem that Kai had understood because her face seemed less aggressive; at least her snarl was gone. She released her and calmly turned away. “Just forget about me. I don’t have time for you.”
“And what about now? Where are you going?” Taka was back to following her again.
“None of your business.”
“I’m going to make it my business!” Taka burst out taking a hold of the girl’s shoulders. Kai stared in mild shock at the girl. Taka deflated, suddenly starting to realize that she was pushing a little too hard. “Can’t you just let me in?”
“Taka, I don’t intend to make friends here,” she began, taking her hands in hers. “I’m going to school, studying business and I intend to be a fashion designer on the side. I’m living with my grandfather and studying business for him so I can take over the family company. As a pressure to do well on my own, I have to work. I work on testing motorcycles and as for my ‘gang’, they are just the people I happen to work with, but have a reputation of being delinquents.”
Taka just scared in shock, then smiled.
“That makes me feel better.” Taka sighed happily.
“Good, now leave me alone.” Kai had it wrong though. While Taka’s curiosity was satiated, it didn’t stop the girl from admiring her and following her mercilessly.

She ended up being followed all the way back in town. Kai was rather irritated, but then, while she was looking in yet another window for the upcoming prom season, Taka was flapping her lips, and something interesting came out.
“Oh man, I might have to wear one of those poufy things in a few months from now! Imagine me in one of those ridiculous things!” Kai quirked a brow then.
“And what’s wrong with wearing a dress? You wear a skirt for school.”
“That’s only because I have no choice. I’ll take good old jeans any day!”
“Is that so? Have you ever gone dress shopping?”
“Errr… well… actually… a few years ago, Ray’s mentor came over and got me to try some crazy old fashioned dresses, but that was more like making fun of them than anything else…” Taka saw the amused smirk on Kai’s face as she stepped into the store. “We’re actually going in?”
Taka regretted following her in though. Kai had suddenly taken an interest in her and it wasn’t the way the younger girl had planned. Kai was now dragging her through racks of dresses only to shove her in the changing rooms.
“Kai! I don’t want to put these on! How do you know they’ll fit me anyway?” Kai then slipped passed the curtain and started undressing her. Completely embarrassed, Taka struggled to keep her clothes.
“Do you trust me Taka?”
Of course I do! Err… well mostly.
Taka let her undress her until she was left in her tank top and underwear. She hadn’t worn a bra since she’d run out that morning not having dressed to leave.
“Get this on,” Kai held up a navy blue tube dress that reached the floor. Taka obeyed with some help from Kai. She had no clue about how to get in a dress properly and it just seemed so much simpler with her help. Once it was on, Kai pulled out her ponytail and ran her hands through the knotted hair. She combed it with her fingers and put the strands over her shoulders.
This is… this feels warm. And this dress is so soft and snug.
“Here, now tell me what the first thing you think of is,” Kai said, turning the girl towards the mirror. Taka blinked a few times until she could recognize herself again.
“I…” she couldn’t say it. It felt too bold suddenly.
“Tell me,” Kai insisted as she lifted both her hands out like wings and looked over her shoulder. Taka’s hands clutched onto hers.
“Beautiful… I guess…”
“There’s no need to guess. You are and you should let yourself be proud of that part of you too,” Kai said, her eyes boring into Taka’s through the mirror. The bluenette flushed, unable to control how much that made her feel. She turned to the real Kai and bumped her nose, but neither pulled away.
Kai, do you know what’s happening to me?
“Do me a favor Taka, sit here and let me get a quick sketch,” Kai instructed. Taka obeyed as she was seated delicately on the little dressing room bench. She leaned her head on the corner and watched Kai flicker her eyes up from the page to her and back. Taka couldn’t have been more relaxed and content.
If only I could always feel like this…
“Alright, let’s try something else.” Saying that, Kai set down her book and picked up one of the puffy dresses that Taka had insulted.
“Oh no!” Taka laughed, but didn’t protest this time. She put it on after much fun stripping out of the blue dress. The frilly dress was gold and full of sparkling gems. At first, she couldn’t see why Kai had picked it. It had very little that fit to her body.
“It’s the golden idea I liked. You have a figure made for just about anything, but I agree that gives you an advantage in silhouette. It’s just over-used and I wanted to see something more detailed.” She made more sketches, but it was fast. “Pick another one I chose from and let’s get out of here before the sales lady kicks us out.”
“Why would she do that?” Taka asked, getting undressed and letting Kai unzip the back. The dual-haired girl chuckled as the kitten popped its head out of her bag curiously.
“Apart from Molly here, it’s illegal to take photos of store merchandise without purchase.”
“They’re not photos,” Taka replied, looking through the remaining gowns in the small room.
“Trust me, I’ve tried and gotten in trouble with it.” Kai saw her pick the beautiful array of blues dress and smiled that glowing smile again. Taka was taken aback as she held it in front of her. At first, picking it seemed like such a girly choice, but Kai seemed pleased about it. “That isn’t a prom dress now that I look at it. It’s more of a summer dress.”
“Should I try this one then?” she questioned.
“Definitely.”
I have to say, I do look pretty good in these. Kai must have a good eye for this stuff. Well duh! Of course she does! She must not have a lot of time for it though.
Taka looked at herself in the dress and was still surprised to see the young lady in the mirror. She giggled and twirled around in it. It was light and it felt alright to be pretty. She thought it was sort of silly how Kai could make her feel beautiful.
Kai caught her hand in the twirl and brought her in. Her face was not one of happiness though. It was a serious expression, one that was so closely leaned in that either could brush lips. There was a snap and Taka looked down to see Kai take the tag.
“Let’s make a deal. I’ll buy you this dress if you accept to be my model for a little project I’m doing.”
“Hun?!” Taka gasped, completely taken by surprise by this offer. “You want me to be your model?”
“Yes.” Kai was still holding her very close.
“Well… I’ve never done anything like that and you don’t need to buy me a dress,” Taka began, averting her eyes. “Friends don’t need to buy things for eachother to be friends or do each other favors.”
“Friends…” Kai scrunched her brow. “Is that what you want from me?”
“Yes,” Taka looked into her eyes now, trying to convey total honesty. They turned away again though. “Nothing more…” Kai scoffed at that.
“You’re either an idiot, or you’re lying, but that won’t stop me,” the cocky girl said. “Do you accept to be my model?”
“I’ll do my best,” she grinned proudly. Kai’s pretty smiled returned to her face.
“Good, let’s get you out of this then.” It was a simple little zipper and a tie so she left the room with the other dresses to put them on the return rack. Taka got her jeans, t-shirt, hoodie and runners back on, then exited with the dress in arm. The fabric was soft and it suddenly bothered her that it was probably pretty expensive being in such a fancy store.
Kai said she was working to get through school. Oh man, I can’t let her buy this!
Kai was ahead of her though. She was already swiping her card to pay. Taka couldn’t even find any words to protest when she choked at the sight of the amount on the display screen.
“11 thousand yen!?!” she gasped once they got outside. “Kai, I can’t-.”
“You accepted.”
“Kai!”
“Taka,” she began, stopping her. “You like that dress, it suits you and you accepted to be my model. That won’t be easy and I can assure you that you’ll pay me back in full for the next three months.”
“Three months?!” Taka gawked. “You didn’t say that!”
Why do I suddenly feel like she was playing nice to get me to do this?
Kai chuckled.
“It’ll be fine.” Kai escorted her home, telling her all the details of their deal that Taka started to wonder if she ever made. At the door, she slipped her number on a piece of paper into her hand.
“If you need to contact me, you can call my phone. Try not to call during school hours,” she began. “I’ll meet with you Wednesday right after your classes end.”
“Yes, oh mighty captain,” she saluted in good humor. Kai smiled and pulled out the fidgeting kitten from her bag. And she was gone.

TBC
A.N: OMG! I made it…lots of saving the file on this computer that often freezes. Alright tell me all! Fashion? I blame Gaga. I even have more couples walking into this later! Yes, I have started the next chapter. I even made a story summary to help guide myself. So much more stuff to go through! Yup, typical fic that goes through the school year. So much to say… Yeah, I realize I’m in the adult section so I will include some of that action later on too. Sorry I didn't review my wording to make it a more interesting read.
11 pages ><
COMMENT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 am

Firstly! Thankyou so much for updating <333 *____* I'm terrible at updating fics and you're awesoume XD Spicegirls and lady gaga are a win!

Anyways, Super amazing awesoume update! You captured the relationship perfectly even though they are girls, when Taka took hold of Kai's hand and was shoved away, that was so intense for me! and so perfect! <33 OMG, kai rides a motorbike! Thats hardcore XD Made me smile lots when i read that bit! ahah <33 Vibrations between her legs! Tut Tut, she is a true lesbian lol and and *jumps* Kioooo you have some really beautiful ideas, the sketch book idea made my heart melt, cuteee! XD i can see kai as an artist/fashin designer >D Thats why i love yuri, it's got a certain tenderness to it that just .... >w< well i can't explain, but you really are good at writting it! <333 eee the bit with the kitteh *______________* *swoons over it all* i especially love this bit ''That is one lucky cat…Taka caught her thoughts. I mean, lucky Kai’s not a cat kicker '' hahah.....and not forgetting..supser intense undressing scene ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...seriously girl...i wanna see fanart of this bit! i so wish i could draw better >w< ffft
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:42 am

You make my day with comments! :3
Hahaha, I actually didn't think of the bike giving off vibrations, but more like something bad-ass I've always wanted Kai to do. I love how people interpret things. XD That is interesting.
I'm so glad I kept it in character! After reading it over and over again in a close time makes me miss details sometimes. It's sometimes good that way so I don't overthink it XP
I love that cat scene too! X3 I thought it was corny, and then I made sure to make it funny. Taka has good humor after-all.
I was proud of Kai shoving her down actually. I think that is very much like Kai. I added a later thought with Taka saying that she thought that Kai was being nice on purpose to get her to model for her since I thought it was pretty odd for Kai to be outright giving positive comments and making Taka feel better about getting dolled up.
So what scenes should I doodle? What do you think I have planned for our fav couple? >D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glay

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 pm

*________________________* ok.. I have a crush on Kai in this. Kai is.... very very suave and charming in this. AS A GIRL. In reality, a male Kai comes across as cocky, and as a girl she could come of as bitchy. But bitchiness is not really a Kai thing. I think you captured it wonderfully. A lot of times a female Kai is more a parody which is hilarious and I dig it, but it's so very REAL in this. Like.. it's KAI. but.. Female Kai. If that makes any sense? And Taka is just running around like normal IN THAT CUTE SKIRT and just falling for Kai like I totally am in this fic.

soooo amazing. Can't say much more right now, all adoring and absorbed in what you've written <333333
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Glay wrote:
*________________________* ok.. I have a crush on Kai in this. Kai is.... very very suave and charming in this. AS A GIRL. In reality, a male Kai comes across as cocky, and as a girl she could come of as bitchy. But bitchiness is not really a Kai thing. I think you captured it wonderfully. A lot of times a female Kai is more a parody which is hilarious and I dig it, but it's so very REAL in this. Like.. it's KAI. but.. Female Kai. If that makes any sense? And Taka is just running around like normal IN THAT CUTE SKIRT and just falling for Kai like I totally am in this fic.

soooo amazing. Can't say much more right now, all adoring and absorbed in what you've written <333333
*gushes* I read this a few days ago after my intense night of Technical drawing homework. Was a nice treat to see you leave a review for both my fics. I appreciate it so much! :3 3hours of sleep sucks.
And yeah I get what you're saying about Kai seeming to be very suave. I think she should feel a little more involved with Taka just because she is a girl, even if boy Kai keeps his distance. I made girl Kai feel like she's got her heart on the high shelf and she can honestly do whatever she pleases without falling off it for anyone. (yeah I just wrote that spontaneously XD) So I did try to keep her cocky in some way <D Dunno when I'll make my next update, but I'm still waiting on a certain update too....*feet shuffle*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 am

HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon May 10, 2010 2:39 am

*_____* holy wow! this image <3<3<3<3

*nosebleeds* *_____*

its so sexy! omg -saves to pc- lol i love you kio! lol <3<3<3
Back to top Go down
KatKoshkova

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Tue May 11, 2010 7:55 pm

omg that image is awesome and sexy and hot Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kat-koshkova.deviantart.com
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Wed May 12, 2010 11:42 am

Thankies. I always appreciate the comments :3 Don't worry, I'm still sketching up any ideas that come to me and I'll use it to type up a storm later Very Happy This pic's been here since Easter but... well it was to make for the time I needed to finish school. Promise to get back on this fic in a week or so. I need my 24 hour hibernation soon. Only two more days of insanity! I just finished my 4 hour English exit exam. And now I have to finish typing up this English essay, then I gotta go home and do other stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nighty

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 am

Aaahhh Very Happy I love this! You must continue XD It's like... all my favourite things in one fic: Tyka, yuri, fashion, motorcycles, high school, drawing, volleyball... I love it!
I think you managed to capture their girl personalities perfectly. If they were girls this is how I think they would have been Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon May 31, 2010 1:30 pm

Much appreciated.
I just need a moment to myself. I haven't even been on the computer for a bit. I really do wanna continue this though. Must come back here to check all the new posts later Smile
I hope I continue to please. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 am

You're atonamy is so good kio! i meant to say before, but you're very amazing when it comes to drawing poses, hands, things i struggle with! <3
Back to top Go down
Racoona

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 am

You are aware that I am sitting here waiting for the next part, right? I am so freakin addicted to that story now! Taka model? Oh freakin yeah!

*nosebleed*~!

Yeah, the femmeslash implications just caught up with me ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/828443/Racoona
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!   

Back to top Go down

[FIC] {YURI} Destined Partners Chapter 6 UP! November 2012!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next