KaiTaka Comeback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KaiTaka Comeback

A Forum For The Relationship pairing between Tyson and Kai

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?

Go down 
+5
Ashla
Yuki-Kiba-Chan
FireKali
Kiotana
animelover2day
9 posters
AuthorMessage
animelover2day

animelover2day

Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? Empty
PostSubject: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 pm

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I would like to hear your opinions.
I'm sure you all know that Hilary had a crush on Kai, I don't blame her.
Ok well here's what I think: She was added because there was no other pairings for Kai and Tyson so they had to add her....to keep us away from KaiTaka. They did not succeed of course. Obviously! Who knows? Rolling Eyes This just has been bothering me. I want to know why!
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 am

*This topic would be better placed in general discussion
Hilary, I think, played the role of the female presence in the team to attract more girls to the show and game. She does sound like most people when it comes to spinning tops. I place her as the female viewers place in the story. I don't know about you, but when I was little, I liked pretending I was a character, but then you usually pick one of your own gender. Mariah and Emily were the only ones shown in first season and their not always there so I guess they needed a girl to join the main team. Of course they had Queen, Mariam and Salima later, but their also not in the main team.
When it came to third season, only Julia and Matilda were added in the manga/anime. The BEGA storyline was solely for the anime. Notice that every team except BlitzKrieg had a girl.
Back to top Go down
animelover2day

animelover2day

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:48 pm

I’m sorry! I’m so dumb! pale I never can do anything right...
Can I replace it there now? confused
Anyways those were some theories I thought of too…
I don’t know, I thought it was all because of Kai and Tyson.
That would make me super happy if it was the whole reason.*Sigh*
Back to top Go down
FireKali

FireKali

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:14 pm

No worries...I think Yuki-san would be happy to move it if asked. Very Happy

Good topic, btw! I don't remember this one being discussed before.

I'd agree partly with Kiotana. There probably was some marketing going on with placing Hilary in the anime. The whole widening the audience to girls idea - which, I personally question because I'm thinking there were more girls watching the series than they knew about...judging by all the fandoms out there full of fangirls... O.o

I also vaguely remember a contest held on YTV here in Canada that if won, the grand prize was to be the VA for a new character in the new season (which was V-Force). I could be wrong, but I think that character was Hilary - or if a boy had won, then the character would have been another boy. Though...with that marketing scheme, it could be that they deliberately picked a girl. @_@ I don't know. I'm just relating what I remember from back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://yami-firekali.livejournal.com/
animelover2day

animelover2day

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm

FireKali wrote:

I'd agree partly with Kiotana. There probably was some marketing going on with placing Hilary in the anime. The whole widening the audience to girls idea - which, I personally question because I'm thinking there were more girls watching the series than they knew about...judging by all the fandoms out there full of fangirls... O.o

I also vaguely remember a contest held on YTV here in Canada that if won, the grand prize was to be the VA for a new character in the new season (which was V-Force). I could be wrong, but I think that character was Hilary - or if a boy had won, then the character would have been another boy. Though...with that marketing scheme, it could be that they deliberately picked a girl. @_@ I don't know. I'm just relating what I remember from back in the day.

Thank you so much for telling me these things.
I have more of an understanding now.
Beyblade is a big thing in Canada, huh. I think I read somewhere that it is.
Since you say there was a contest and all too.
Yeah and I'll try to ask Yuki-san about moving this to the right section. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:28 pm

animelover2day wrote:
FireKali wrote:

Thank you so much for telling me these things.
I have more of an understanding now.
Beyblade is a big thing in Canada, huh. I think I read somewhere that it is.
Since you say there was a contest and all too.
Yeah and I'll try to ask Yuki-san about moving this to the right section. Embarassed
Well I don't think the contest is possible due to the fact that Beyblade, like any other anime, was done in Japan at least a year before it can be translated and brought over here, so no character could actually be added.
Back to top Go down
FireKali

FireKali

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Kiotana wrote:
Well I don't think the contest is possible due to the fact that Beyblade, like any other anime, was done in Japan at least a year before it can be translated and brought over here, so no character could actually be added.

There was a contest. I remember that clearly. V-Force was the aberration in the series anyway. XDDD Of course Hilary was added in the original Japanese, I was only meaning here when they started the English dubbing. Anyway, I was just thinking aloud - so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 pm

FireKali wrote:
Kiotana wrote:

There was a contest. I remember that clearly. V-Force was the aberration in the series anyway. XDDD Of course Hilary was added in the original Japanese, I was only meaning here when they started the English dubbing. Anyway, I was just thinking aloud - so to speak.
You mean, choosing the voice actor?
Back to top Go down
FireKali

FireKali

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Kiotana wrote:
FireKali wrote:
Kiotana wrote:

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 am

FireKali wrote:
Kiotana wrote:
FireKali wrote:
Kiotana wrote:

Yeah.
Hmm... that makes more sense... I think I might remember that, but brushed it off like most contests on YTV XD
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:14 am

Don't worry about posting it in the wrong place, will get it moved when i do the update xxx
Back to top Go down
https://kaitakacomback.forumotion.com
animelover2day

animelover2day

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:29 am

Yuki-Kiba-Chan wrote:
Don't worry about posting it in the wrong place, will get it moved when i do the update xxx

That's a big relief!
I know it isn't a big deal, but I'm still very sorry.
I don't know what I doing sometimes. scratch
lol!
Back to top Go down
Ashla

Ashla

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 pm

Moved to General Discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Ashla wrote:
Moved to General Discussion Smile

Legand! <3
Back to top Go down
Suzume-sama

Suzume-sama

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:22 am

hm.... Good question Amber xD If I have to guess I think it was just because they didn't have a girl xD But I never look at her as their teammate. More like support xD A cheerleader? Nah, joking! xD All I know is that I really didn't like her and that I felt she just... was there and didn't do anything at all xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~robbxmonxlover
Kiotana

Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:00 pm

RobbXmonXlover wrote:
hm.... Good question Amber xD If I have to guess I think it was just because they didn't have a girl xD But I never look at her as their teammate. More like support xD A cheerleader? Nah, joking! xD All I know is that I really didn't like her and that I felt she just... was there and didn't do anything at all xD
Well she can't do much that affects them because the storyline doesn't actually include her XD
Back to top Go down
Suzume-sama

Suzume-sama

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Kiotana wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:
Well she can't do much that affects them because the storyline doesn't actually include her XD

Exactly, which is pretty much the reason why I think it was stupid she was added. I always have a thing for 'clean' boy-teams *drool* The Bladebreakers, the Blitzkrieg Boys and the Majestics are totally my favorites and none of them have girl-bladers xD lol
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

Yuki-Kiba-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:01 pm

RobbXmonXlover wrote:
Kiotana wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:

Exactly, which is pretty much the reason why I think it was stupid she was added. I always have a thing for 'clean' boy-teams *drool* The Bladebreakers, the Blitzkrieg Boys and the Majestics are totally my favorites and none of them have girl-bladers xD lol

Thats a litle bit sexist LOL...Though admitely the girls arnt exaclt all that, I like Marium, MingMing, Mariah and Julia. But thats it ...compared to the guys...thats not a lot XD;
Back to top Go down
Kiotana

Kiotana

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Yuki-Kiba-Chan wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:
Kiotana wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:

Thats a litle bit sexist LOL...Though admitely the girls arnt exaclt all that, I like Marium, MingMing, Mariah and Julia. But thats it ...compared to the guys...thats not a lot XD;
Yeah, which makes me think that I love the part where the girls gang up to beat the guys! Totally made me look at them and be proud of the girl characters.
Back to top Go down
Suzume-sama

Suzume-sama

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Kiotana wrote:
Yuki-Kiba-Chan wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:
Kiotana wrote:
RobbXmonXlover wrote:

Yeah, which makes me think that I love the part where the girls gang up to beat the guys! Totally made me look at them and be proud of the girl characters.

Yeah! XD I liked that too! But my favorite girls will have to be Julia, Mathilda and Mariam xD but Mao's okay! I mean she's not bad or anything. I just don't like her in the first season when she's all whiny xD Little bit annoying, but I found many other girls much more annoying. Hm... mostly in anime series I find the girs annoying. Wonder why? XD
Back to top Go down
taziekins

taziekins

PostSubject: .........   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 pm

here's what i think....

SHE WAS ADDED TO BE MY OWN PERSONAL WORST NIGHTMARE ON TV!!!!!

lolz sorry she just irritates the hell out of me. one of my fave scenes from season 2 was when kai completely blanked her
Back to top Go down
gonewiththewind

PostSubject: ...   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:04 am

deleting everything

Last edited by sweetychan on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evolution_Storm

Evolution_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:14 am

Since we love all beyblade characters, the developers thought they shud add someone whom we can all hate.....so....Hilary was introduced. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?   Why was Hilary added to the Anime series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why was Hilary added to the Anime series?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KaiTaka Comeback :: General / Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: